Friday, August 22, 2008

Golly gosh darn gee willickers

So I was supposed to do a stop motion/object animation with sausages. Lots of sausages. And then it dawns on me last night, when I went to go shoot a test, that I have neither the space nor the right equipment to do what I want. The problem is that I'm trying to green-screen the sausages out so I can compile it on top of a video of a fiery grill, but:

1. I need glass. A big ol' pane of glass. Glass is very expensive, and I don't have any money
2. A lack of proper equipment. Ideally, I'd like to hook up an SLR camera to a computer on a dolly to keep track of the shots, but all I have is a point and shoot camera.
3. Did I mention the lack of money? I need lighting equipment and a green cloth to green screen (who would have known that those green bedsheets in the closet weren't the right shade of green/ don't provide enough contrast?

So now I'm completely selling out and I'm just animating this in flash with PICTURES of sausages. I can already tell right now that this isn't going to look as organic or have as much charm as a traditional frame by frame animation is.

....on the plus side, hey, I can at least eat the sausages now.

No comments: